CHARM COVID-19 Safety Protocols Update
CHARM’s COVID-19 safety protocols will remain in place until further notice, even though Governor Abbott has lifted the mask mandate in Texas effective 03/10/21.
In line with the CDC and Texas Medical Association guidelines, all patients, visitors, and staff will be required to wear a mask while inside the building/clinic. We serve a diverse population of patients, including some with autoimmune illnesses and other significant risk factors for COVID-19 complications. Our focus remains on protecting the safety and well being of our staff and patients through this plan.
We have, though, eliminated the screening station in our downstairs entryway. We are still enforcing the following in addition to mandatory wearing of a mask:
- You must wash your hands immediately upon entering the clinic.
- Entry is limited to patient only unless assistance is required for mobility or communication purposes.
- Be sure to check in with the front office staff to let them know of your arrival.
- Seating has been sectioned off in our waiting room and patient lounge to ensure social distancing.
- We will continue our cleaning and sanitization processes as we have been.
We will continue to monitor the guidance provided by the CDC, TMA, and local health care officials, and we will re-evaluate this decision on a regular basis.
In order to further mitigate the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus and to be mindful of our patients’ and staff’s safety, CHARM is implementing the following protocols effective 05/04/20. These protocols are in accordance with directives from the local and state government authorities and Texas Medical Board.
1. If you have traveled outside of the country or to/from any of the states listed on the travel ban for Texas, or have been in contact or proximity to someone that may be infected with the virus, please reschedule your appointment.
2. Every CHARM staff member will have their temperature checked at the beginning of every day until further notice.
3. Every patient, guest, or visitor to CHARM will have their temperature checked at the entrance to the building.
-A STAFF MEMBER WILL BE STATIONED DOWNSTAIRS AT THE BUILDING ENTRANCE AND WILL SCAN EVERY PATIENT OUTSIDE THE DOORS. YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY IF YOU PRESENT OR COMPLAIN OF ANY SYMPTOMS/FEVER OR IF YOU ARE NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH TRAVEL REGULATIONS AS LISTED ABOVE, YOU WILL BE RESCHEDULED AT LEAST 2 WEEKS OUT. IF YOU ARE CLEAR, WE WILL LET YOU PROCEED IF THE PROVIDER IS READY FOR YOU. IF THEY ARE NOT YOU WILL BE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE OR IN YOUR CAR.
–PLEASE PRE-REGISTER OR PRE CHECK IN, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A NEW PATIENT. IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO, WE WILL PUSH THE REGISTRATION TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE WHEN YOU ARE HERE.
4. WE ASK THAT PATIENTS BRING THEIR OWN MASK OR FACE COVERING. CHARM WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE MASKS ON SITE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FACE COVERING, YOU WILL NEED TO RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
5. If you are admitted into the clinic, you will immediately be asked to wash your hands upon entering the CHARM waiting area.
6. Some patients need to be accompanied for mobility support, for driving, or for interpreter services. ANY AND ALL GUESTS/FRIENDS/FAMILY THAT ARE NON-ESSENTIAL TO THE APPOINTMENTWILL BE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE OR IN THEIR CAR. NON-ESSENTIAL INCLUDES DRIVERS. ESSENTIAL GUESTS WILL INCLUDE AN INTERPRETER, MOBILITY ASSISTANCE, AND SOMEONE WHO NEEDS TO HELP WITH COMMUNICATION BETWEEN THE PATIENT AND PRACTITIONER. THE GUEST WILL BE SCANNED EXACTLY THE SAME AS YOU. IF YOUR GUEST SHOWS OR EXPRESSES SYMPTOMS OR HAS TRAVELED VIA AIR WITHIN THE LAST 14 DAYS, YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY AND RESCHEDULED FOR AT LEAST 2 WEEKS OUT.
7. Every exam/procedure room or space is in the PT gym is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after each patient. Common areas are sanitized throughout the day. Front desk transactions are handled with caution and care. Every staff member is required to wear a mask when interaction with patients, in common spaces, and when not able to social distance. Patients are also required to wear a mask for their visit or procedure unless lower face access is required or a procedure dictates otherwise.
These protocols will help us keep our clinical space contagion free upon reopening. We are committed to continuing to provide the best quality care that CHARM is known for. We will remain in compliance with government and TMB guidelines and recommendations until further notice.
**If you have been scheduled for a telemedicine appointment between 05/04-05/15, it WILL REMAIN a telemedicine appointment.
**Please be aware that 2222 is under heavy construction which may cause delays despite the normal traffic being somewhat diminished. Give yourself plenty of time to get here in time for your appointment.
THANK YOU for your cooperation!